Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Respite from the heat and changes in Life




Yeah, I know, she's adorable.


Yeah, I know. There has to be more to talk about than the weather.

There is. But it's nothing earth-shattering. Got up early, read the papers, made breakfast. Gary took Sarah for her walk, and now he's studying up for his meeting next Thursday (small-biz guy) and I'm finishing up a piece for the paper. Productive morning, so far.

Found some more notes for the second new novel I'm thinking of writing. Time is short, for all of us, and I'm always wishing I had more of it. Can you imagine how much time we've all wasted? Incredible; sad, too, so let's not go there.

It hit us yesterday that Brock has about five weeks left here at home. It's going to be such an exciting time for him, this new stage in his life, and we'll go back to it being just the two of us plus a dog again. I keep telling myself that change is good, and it is, most of the time. I think.

I did try to stop Facebooking for a little while, and it was nice but that's not a good idea for a writer. We're supposed to be OUT THERE, you know, so that when we do finally finish that novel or memoir or whatever, we'll actually have some people to (hopefully) sell it to.

Time to get back to work. Thanks for visiting.

Margi

No comments: